User Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: March 2022
1. Welcome to Bink
2. What is Bink?
Bink partners with retailers who have loyalty programmes. We call these our Partner Retailers and their Loyalty Programmes. When you shop at one of our Partner Retailers, we will help you to join their Loyalty Programme, if you are not already a member. Once you have joined, we will help you to collect loyalty rewards and other benefits by allowing you link your payment cards to your loyalty membership. Once you have done this, you will automatically receive your loyalty rewards and other benefits simply by using those payment cards.We call these Linked Payment Cards and Linked Loyalty Memberships. The granting and use of your loyalty membership and loyalty rewards is subject to the relevant loyalty programme terms and conditions.
3. How does Bink work?
4. Getting started
To use Bink in this App you must first sign up for Bink following the directions in this App. Once you have signed up, you will need to add your loyalty memberships into the App and link them to your payment cards, so that they become Linked Loyalty Memberships and Linked Payment Cards.
5. Using Bink
Once you have signed up, added your loyalty memberships and linked them to your payment cards, you will be ready to useBink.
- Track your collection of loyalty rewards at our Partner Retailers through the App;
- Automatically collect loyalty rewards simply by using your Linked Payment Cards at our Partner Retailers;
- Join new Loyalty Programmes with our Partner Retailers; and
- If you choose to, receive offers, discounts, promotions and incentives from our Partner Retailers.
The information we display in the App about your loyalty rewards will be the most recent information available from our Partner Retailers. It may take a little time for your loyalty balances to be updated after you spend.
It is important that we have up-to-date and accurate information about you so, when using Bink, you must tell us about any applicable changes. For example, if you receive a replacement number for one of your Linked Loyalty Memberships, you should provide us with the replacement number.
Minimum age restrictions may apply to some transactions.Bink is intended for use within the United Kingdom only.
Please remember to keep your loyalty membership details safe.
6. Protecting Your Information
7. Cancelling and suspending Bink
How and when you can cancel Bink
If you do not want to use Bink anymore in an App, you may cancel Bink at any time through the App or by following any other method described in the App. If you have registered your Linked Payment Card for Bink in more than one App and you do not want to use Bink any more in any Apps then you will need to cancel and delink your Linked Payment Card in each App. If in doubt, please refer to section 11 below.
How and when we can cancel or suspend Bink
If we believe that there is a problem with your Bink service, we may suspend your use of the relevant part of Bink until the problem is resolved. For example, if we believe that there is a problem with one of your Linked Loyalty Memberships, we may suspend your ability to use that Linked Loyalty Membership through Bink until the problem is resolved. If appropriate in the circumstances, you will be informed if we need to do this. We may cancel Bink at any time, either completely or through a particular App which you are using. Wherever practical, you will be informed at least 30 days before this happens. In exceptional circumstances, Bink may be cancelled or suspended without you being informed in advance. This might include where:
- the provider of the App removes Bink from their App, temporarily or permanently;
- you have committed a serious breach of these Bink User Terms, or have repeatedly breached these Bink User Terms;
- you have carried out (or we reasonably suspect you have carried out) illegal or fraudulent activity using the App and/or Bink;
- we reasonably believe that the security of the App and/or Bink has been compromised (including suspected unauthorised use);
- we reasonably consider that by continuing with these Bink User Terms we may break any law, regulation, code or other duty that applies to us or which we have agreed to follow;
- you have been threatening or abusive towards our staff;
- you have not used Bink for more than 12 months (explained in more detail, below); and/or
- you have not followed any reasonable instructions given by us from time to time relating to the App and/or Bink where it is stated that not following the instruction could result in cancellation.
If you do not use Bink for more than 12 months, we may suspend your use of all or part of Bink.For example, we may delink your payment card from Bink if you have not used that card at any of our Partner Retailers for more than 12 months. You will usually be informed (through the App or by email) before cancellation or suspension, including why this is happening if it is secure and lawful to do so.
What happens if we suspend Bink?
If we suspend Bink, we will deactivate your details and you will not be able to use Bink during the suspension. Where possible, we will reactivate your details when the reason for the suspension is resolved.
What happens if you or we cancel Bink?
Once Bink is cancelled (whether by you or us) in this App:
- you will not be able to access Bink through this App;
- we will no longer provide Bink through this App – this means you will no longer automatically collect loyalty rewards at our Partner Retailers when you use your Linked Payment Card (unless your Linked Payment Card is actively linked to those Linked Loyalty Memberships in other Apps);
- we will no longer receive information in respect of your Linked Loyalty Memberships and your Linked Payment Cards linked through this App; and
- we will continue to hold limited information about you and your use of Bink for as long as is required to enable us to comply with legal requirements.
8. Changes to these Bink User Terms
Changes you will be told about in advance
We may change the Bink User Terms at any time. The most common reasons for making changes are if:
- we’re changing the way that an existing part of Bink operates, introducing new functionality or withdrawing functionality;
- we consider that we need to take account of developments (or changes we reasonably expect to happen) in technology, security or industry standards;
- we need to do so to help us manage our business (including, as appropriate, managing our costs, profitability and competitiveness);
- there are changes in the way that we operate;
- we think that we should explain something more clearly or make it fairer to you; or
- there is a change in law (including industry codes) that we follow, or in response to decisions of a court, regulator or other relevant body.
You will normally be told at least 30 days before any significant change to these Bink User Terms takes effect. Please check this page and subsequent pages from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. If you are not happy with a change to these Bink User Terms, you can end our agreement with you by cancelling Bink. If we do not receive your cancellation within 30 days of you being told about the change, we will take this to mean that you have accepted the change.
Changes we can make without you being told
If we change the Bink User Terms to introduce new features or functionality, we can do this without you being told in advance as long as the changes do not have a negative effect on:
- the existing services we provide to you at the time of the change; or
- your legal rights under these Bink User Terms.
You can also end our agreement with you by cancelling Bink after we make the change, but the change will apply to you until you do so.
9. Licence restrictions
All intellectual property rights in Bink belong to us and/or our licensors. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, Bink other than the right to use Bink in accordance with these Bink User Terms and you will not be entitled to grant any rights to any third party in relation to Bink.
10. Links to other websites and apps
Bink may contain links to websites and/or apps of third parties, such as our Partner Retailers. Your access and use of any third party sites and apps, including any purchases you make, is your responsibility and will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of that third party site or app. We are not responsible to you for your use of any of these third party sites or apps or third party goods or services you purchase.
11. How to make contact
Please read the FAQs where available and use any applicable in-app messaging or support features to make contact if you have a question, problem or complaint. If you need to contact Bink directly, you can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to contact you, for example to comply with our legal obligations.
12. What if things go wrong?
We rely on the information provided to us by our Partner Retailers, the payment schemes (Visa, Mastercard and American Express, as applicable) and other parties to provide Bink to you. We will apply reasonable measures to ensure the information they provide to us is accurate but, as long as we do that, we are not responsible to you if they give us incomplete or incorrect information. Similarly, our Partner Retailers are responsible for running their Loyalty Programmes and if they do not provide them in accordance with their terms and conditions, we are not responsible to you for that. You are responsible for managing your Linked Payment Cards and Linked Loyalty Memberships. If you believe you have not received loyalty rewards which you should have done, please read the App’s FAQs or, if that is not clear, make contact by referring to section 11 above. If you do not receive loyalty rewards and we are at fault, we will resolve that situation for you. Even if we are not at fault, we will also help you to find out why you have not received any loyalty rewards which you believe you should have received. You will be responsible for any losses you may suffer arising from your wilful breach of these Bink User Terms, deliberate misuse of Bink or gross negligence. “Gross negligence” means that something you have done or have not done is very obviously wrong or careless. Bink is for personal use only. If you and you should not use it for any business purposes, we will not be responsible to you for any business losses.
While we will try to ensure that Bink is available for you to use at all times, we cannot promise that it will always be available. We may have to suspend access to Bink if we or the App provider need to implement system changes, make upgrades, conduct maintenance or deal with technical issues. We will try to keep these periods to a minimum and you will be provided with advance notice where possible.
We will not be responsible to you for any failure to provide Bink due to scheduled or required downtime, or for any reason that is beyond our reasonable control. Examples of this include (but are not limited to):
a Partner Retailer or a payment scheme blocking our access to information from your Linked Loyalty Membership or Linked Payment Card(as applicable); failure of your handset or device, or of any machine, data processing system or transmission link; or outages or lack of coverage or signal on any phone network.
We will not be responsible to you for any losses which would not have been reasonably foreseeable by us at the relevant time.
13. Third parties
There is no charge for using Bink.